FUJIFILM X-T2 FIRMWARE UPDATE v2.00
By Michael Chinnici
Since September 2010, Fujifilm has rocked the digital camera world with its X-Series Mirrorless Camera System. They have built an impressive collection of highly advanced interchangeable and fixed lens compact cameras including the X-Pro2, X-T2, X-100F and X-T20. In addition to their amazing lineup of cameras and lenses, Fujifilm consistently provides firmware updates that breath new life into their existing lineup.
We’ve listed below the 24 impressive upgrades now available for the X-T2, which was launched just 7 months ago. Fujifilm delivers again!!! You will also find recent firmware updates for the X-Pro2, X-T1, X-A10, X-A3 as well as firmware updates for numerous Fujifilm interchangeable lenses.
1. Shooting RAW in Bracketing and Advanced Filters
The update enables you to use the RAW format when shooting not only in AE Bracketing but also in other Bracketing modes (ISO, Dynamic Range, White Balance, Film Simulations) and also in Advanced Filter modes.
2. Extended ISO 125 and 160 selectable
The update adds ISO125 and ISO160 to extended ISO levels available.
3. Programmable long exposure of up to 15 minutes
Long exposure in the T mode currently goes only up to 30 seconds. The update will allow users to extend it up to 15 minutes.
4. ON/OFF for 1/3-step shutter speed adjustment
The update allows you to turn off the Command Dial’s function to adjust shutter speed by 1/3 steps in order to prevent unintended adjustments.
5. Full-range ISO adjustments with the Command Dial
With the update, set the ISO “A” position to “Command” to adjust ISO sensitivity across the full range, including extended ISOs, with the Front Command Dial.
6. “AUTO” setting added for the minimum shutter speed in the ISO Auto setting
The update adds an AUTO option for the minimum shutter speed in the ISO Auto setting, that allows the camera to automatically define the minimum shutter speed according to the focal length of the lens attached.
7. Faster “Face Detection AF”
The update enables the use of Phase Detection AF for faster performance in Face Detection AF.
8. Improved in-focus indication in the AF-C mode
The update reduces focus hunting in the AF-C mode, making it easier to track a subject.
9. Addition of a smaller Focus Point size in Single Point AF
The update adds a smaller Focus Point size in Single Point AF, bringing the total number of available sizes to six. The new smallest size facilitates pin-point focusing.
* This function used with tether shooting is available with “Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.5.0”.
10. Addition of “Portrait / Landscape AF Mode Switching”
The update allows you to specify separate AF mode and AF point settings for portrait orientation and landscape orientation.
* This function used with tether shooting is available with “Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.5.0”. If you are using Ver.1.4.0 or before, set STORE AF MODE BY ORIENTATION to OFF in AF/MF SETTING.
11. Change of focus frame position while enlarging it
The update allows you to move the position of focus frame while enlarging it in Single Point in the AF-S mode or in the Manual Focus.
12. Activation of the Eye Sensor in video recording
The update allows you to use the Eye Sensor during video recording to automatically switch between EVF and LCD.
13. Change of ISO sensitivity during video recording
The update allows you to change ISO setting during video recording.
14. Re-autofocusing in video recording
With the update, half-press the Shutter Release button or press the button assigned to “AF-ON” function during video recording to re-do autofocusing.
15. Display live histogram during video recording
The update allows you to display a live histogram during video recording.
16. Optimization of external microphone’s input level
The update optimizes external microphone’s input level (lower limit revised from -12dB to 20dB) to reduce white noise when an external microphone with preamp is connected.
17. Addition of “Eye Sensor + LCD Image Display” in the View Mode
The update gives the “Eye Sensor + LCD Image Display” option in the View Mode that allows you to shoot through the viewfinder and check images on the LCD, just as you would with an SLR.
18. Constant “Dual display mode”
With the update, the small window in the Dual mode stays on even when you half-press the shutter release button.
19. Automatic vertical GUI for LCD
With the update, when you hold the camera in the portrait orientation, the camera will automatically display the GUI on the LCD in the same orientation.
20. Name Custom Settings
The update allows you to assign a specific name to Custom Settings 1 – 7.
[How to set]
IMAGE QUALITY SETTING>EDIT/SAVE CUSTOM SETTING>CUSTOM1-7>EDIT CUSTOM NAME
21. Copyright information in EXIF data
The update allows you to register the photographer’s name and the copyright holder’s name in advance so that the camera automatically adds the information to EXIF data for each image.
[How to set]
SET UP>SAVE DATA SET-UP>COPYRIGHT INFO
22. Voice Memo function
The update enable you to record 30-second “Voice Memo” clips in the Playback mode.
[How to set]
PLAY BACK MENU>VOICE MEMO SETTING>ON
* When recorded images are displayed, press the front command dial for a while to start memo recording. When you remove your finger from the dial, it stops.
23. Extended AE Bracketing
The update extends AE Bracketing from the current 3 frames +/-2EV to up to 9 frames +/-3EV.
24. Addition of “Shoot Without Card” mode
With the update, you can have the “Shoot Without Card” mode turned OFF so that the camera cannot shoot when there is no SD card inserted.
[How to set]
SET UP>BUTTON/DIAL SET
Click on the link below and begin your updates. Be sure to also update your Fujifilm lenses.
Photo Adventure Vacations in more than 100 destinations in over 50 countries.
May all who come as guests… leave as friends®